Judith Marciante has been a website designer and front-end developer through her business, PointLine, since 2000.
She is skilled in evolving web standards and mobile responsive design, including HTML5 and CSS3, and has expertise in Bootstrap and WordPress custom theme development. She has a strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and associated design tools. She focuses on mobile responsive web site design, digital design, interface design, user experience, programming, web maintenance and consultation, primarily for Project Tomorrow, and for other innovative businesses and non-profit organizations.
She is passionate about new technologies and thrives on design challenges. She has a BA in English and design, and has done post-graduate work in art, design and web development. Prior to starting her own web design business, she was a founding partner and Creative Director of Red Dot Interactive, one of the first interactive multimedia development companies in San Francisco.
Recent work includes web design and production for Project Tomorrow, Academic Therapies Publications, Eiler Communications, California Council for the Humanities, Association for Vascular Access, Women-Drivers.com, and American Institute of Architecture Students. She also performs contract work for web development and marketing companies on both coasts.
As Creative Director of Red Dot Interactive, her corporate clients included IBM, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Coca-Cola, DHL, Discover Card, NBC, Sprint, Apple Computer, Pacific Bell, BMW, SAS Cargo and many others. She designed the interactive kiosk, Bay Area ArtFinder for the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. She also designed award-winning projects for the American Civil Liberties Union, Scholastic Books, and the Sonoma County Wineries Association.
While at Red Dot Interactive, several of her projects won prestigious industry awards including the Invision Award of Excellence, Invision Award Silver Medals, National Educational Film and Video Festival Bronze Apples, The New York Festival Interactive Multimedia Award, Cindy Award, Mill Valley Film Festival Interactive Multimedia Award, Macromedia International Users Conference People's Choice Award, and Marcom Online Award.
She was featured as a top Web designer in AdWeek, Interactive Week, Communication Arts and Direct Marketing.
- Web Designer, Programmer, Digital Designer and Interface Designer
Writing, editing and research
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Creative and technically proficient web designer. Strong user Interface design skills. Solid HTML5/CSS3, Bootstrap and WordPress experience. Design and programming of websites for smart phone and mobile devices. Strong commitment to web standards and to the end-user experience.
- Proven ability to successfully take a web site from design through launch. Manage and train teams of artists, content designers, animators and programmers in the development of interactive programs.
- Highly proficient in professional software such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate client goals and marketing messages in the interactive media. Hands-on design and production of client projects. Technology savvy and a quick study in any software application. Love of and desire to continue learning new technologies.
- Co-Founder and Creative Director of Red Dot Interactive, a pioneering interactive multimedia company founded in 1991 in San Francisco, and one of the longest-established multimedia companies in the Bay Area. It was sold in 1998.
- Projects have ranged from web sites for high-profile non-profit, educational, marketing and cultural agencies to laptop corporate training, trade-show presentations and kiosks. Current clients include the California Council for the Humanities and Project Tomorrow. Other clients have included Fortune 1000 companies such as NBC, IBM, Coca-Cola, Sprint, McDonald's, Scholastic Books, JC Penney, Pacific Bell, SAS Cargo, DHL, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Apple, BMW, Discover Card, and many others.
- Projects have won important industry awards including: five INVISION awards, highlighted with the coveted "Award of Excellence," MACROMEDIA "Peoples Choice Award," MARCOM, NEW YORK Awards and the CINDY Awards. Featured as a top designer in Communication Arts, AdWeek, Interactive Week and Direct Marketing.
- Graduated Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Utah
- Graduate work in Art and Design at UC Berkeley, San Francisco State University, City College of San Francisco, and Academy of Art University, San Francisco